If you’re a car enthusiast living in the USA, you probably know already that RockAuto has some of the best parts deals on the net. But a member of an online car forum has found a way to find even better deals:
“I discovered a way to quickly find all closeout parts offered for a specific car without clicking every parts category.
1. On the home page, click on the big red start button to start the “Interactive” catalog.
2. Towards the bottom of the page, look for “Catalog display problem? Click Here for the traditional HTML version.” This will take you to the older style catalog search.
3. Search through the catalog till you find your specific car model.
4. Your address bar should read something like “http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1352720” The numbers at the end is your car’s code #.
5. Use this link, but replace the Xs after “carcode=” with your car’s code. http://www.rockauto.com/RSS/vehiclefeeds.php?carcode=xxxxxxx&m=wc&l=en&html=true
It takes longer to read this than to actually do it. Enjoy”
And it turns out that there are some killer parts deals for my cars:
May 14, 2012, 3:32pm Permalink